The futon mattress covers are casings that have been designed to protect your futon mattress. The beauty of slipcovers is that they accentuate the appearance of the room. These classic designs come in different colors and textures. The futon covers vary when it comes to the grade. It is the grade that will determine the cost of the cover.
With the many different options, it can be overwhelming for you to choose the right option. It is therefore important for you to pay attention to the different features of the covers.
The first thing that you need to consider when you are buying the futon mattress cover is the fabric. The futon covers come into two major categories; the natural and the synthetic fibers. The natural fibers include;
- Cotton; it is one of the most used fibers today. They are the perfect choice as they are resistant to wrinkling and fading. They are quite durable but this will depend on the weaving.
- Wool; the wool that is used on the covers has been made in combination with synthetic fiber to make it easy to clean. They are durable and they are also resistant to fading and pilling.
- Silk; they are luxurious but very delicate. You should therefore use the covers in a room that does not have traffic.
- Linen; even though they are prone to wrinkles, the classic designs add a touch of elegance to the living space.
The synthetic fiber includes;
- Nylon; it is mostly made with a blend of other materials
The purpose for buying
To be able to choose the right cover for you, you need to decide on the reason why you are buying the cover in the first place. This will help you to choose the right color, pattern and even material. You need to decide if you want the cover as a protection gear or if you are looking to decorate your room.
This is an important aspect of consideration. The different coves have been designed to conform to the different mattress sizes. It is always advisable for you to measure the mattress physically for you to know what exactly you are looking for.
You need to choose colors that accentuate and embellish the room. It is therefore important for you to consider the general theme of the room.